Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Laptop Lives!

I've been having computer problems for the past week, and because my laptop is roughly 3-4 years old, I didn't want to shell out cash to fix it [or to get a new one]. My dad promised me a brand spankin' new laptop when I go to college, and it's a bit useless to buy a new laptop to get ANOTHER new one in less than 2 years.

After a week of not turning on [it wouldn't go past the load screen], my dad and I found this helpful tip about setting the laptop back to it's factory settings, and my laptop works again. (:



Unfortunately, I had to set it back to it's factory settings. Basically, I lost everything. I didn't really mind because I didn't really have anything that important on my laptop anyways. Except two things: My pictures and my stories.


I'm that type of girl that takes pictures of anything and everything, so I'm a bit upset that I lost half my pictures [I have the other half saved on the family's desktop]. My stories, however, are another thing.


Writing is a big part of my life [even though I don't do it that often] and I'm extremely mad that everything I put endless amounts of effort in disappeared overnight. It's definitely going to take me time to sit down and write again...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I think my life would end.

    Seriously, though, I would be so depressed. :( Hopefully you had the things that were really important to you backed up? (I regularly upload almost my whole computer to an external hard drive for this very reason.) My heart goes out to you and your revived-but-wiped-clean laptop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I'm the super-smart girl I am, I didn't back anything up except for a couple of my older stories [which I like to look back on, but I'm not at all interested in continuing], so I'm taking a bit of a break from Figment [I'm a bit upset about all the stories I was thinking, but didn't have the chance to upload.]

      Delete