Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hiking and Hectic Schedules


This week. Wow.

I feel like summer's just going by in a blur, and I'm just here for the ride.


This week, I spent Monday through Thursday in an SAT Prep class, which took up a good majority of my time.

I guess you could say the class was informing... However, teenagers, school and early mornings don't mix.  Waking up at 6:00 isn't pleasant, I'll tell you. It was amusing because the class was optional, and every day, there would be less and less people. My class ended with about 7 out of the 20-something we started with.


Then, I had a sleepover with my friend Kate, and it was nice catching up with her, considering that I don't get too see her as often as I'd like.







Today, I went hiking with Megan. It's a bit ironic, because I'm probably the worst person to take hiking. I'm more of a city person, and climbing through woods isn't my cup of tea.




Surprisingly, I really did enjoy myself. It was nice, and I spent a good portion of the time walking ahead the rest of the group, which I'm a bit proud of. ^_^







 This was my first time hiking, and I thought it was pretty fun. I definitely liked the uphill [I'm a freak] better than the downhill. Mostly because I had a tendency to slide/fall on the rocks and I felt like I had more control and balance going uphill. 

There were awesome waterfalls!

Everything was so pretty and green(:
Cave I found!













I found out today that apparently rocks and I don't mix. By that, I mean, every few seconds [mostly when I was going downhill] I would trip, slide or lose my balance on the rocks. And yes, I did fall. Three times. And I've got a battle wound on my knee to prove it, haha.


Awesome leaf I found












The hike was around 1.7 miles, and the journey up and down was 3.4/3.5




The top was the best part. The view was absolutely amazing, and I'm pretty sure we spent around 30 minutes sitting either by the water or looking out at the mountains.


Amazing view. Oh gosh, I look so tired, haha.

The water in the creek was so cold. It was nice(:
Megan chillin'
 











Overall, despite the multitude of falling and my minor flesh wound, I had an amazing time hiking. It's duly noted that I should bring a First Aid Kit the next time I go hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment