Thursday, July 5, 2012

Trip Part 1: New Orleans

Oh good gosh. I've never been so glad to be home before.

I'm going to break this post into two posts, because as one, it's going to be super long and nobody wants to read that. 


To say these couple days were a roller coaster is an understatement. Not to say I didn't enjoy myself visiting abroad -- I love traveling and seeing new places. It was more of the family aspect that threw me off. My aunt and I don't tend to see on the same page, per say. She still thinks I'm that three year old she used to babysit.



Moving on... because no one wants to hear teenage angst



New Orleans.

Three words things that come to mind?
-Amazing architecture. 
-Fun, jazzy vibe.
-Hot.

Seriously, I was burning up over there. The first day, after the end of my two tours, I felt like collapsing. It was a mixture of the heat and lack of water...

The two tours I went on were from the same company called "Free Tours By Foot" which basically means, they provide you with tour guides, and show you  a certain area, and then, at the end of the tour, you can choose whether or not to pay the tour guide.

Personally, I thought the tours were really good for "free", and yes, I did end up paying both my tour guides. I think I enjoyed the Garden District Tour more though, cause it was morning compared to my already over-heated self during the afternoon French Quarter Tour.



New Orleans was pretty nice; the Garden District was more like residential style houses [I got to see Sandra Bullock's and Nicolas Cage's houses!] and I absolutely loved the French Quarters, which was basically downtown.



I think the French Quarters had more history stuff that interested me. [New Orleans/French Quarter thrived off of piracy, and then later on, the Italian Mob took over, which,I thought was cool xD]


Of course, I also thrived off of the energy in the French Quarter. There was jazz music and restaurants everywhere. The trees were adorable. They were all decorated with Mardi Gras beads and such [which I learned from a friend later on, that they were left over from drunken partying, haha]


I got to try famous Cajun foods including Gumbo and Jambalaya, and I also got to go to Cafe Du Monte to try their beignets. (:


Overall, New Orleans was pretty fun [the people I stayed with told me to come back when I was 21, haha].


I'll add pictures tomorrow. I'm to lazy to upload the pictures from my camera. 




No comments:

Post a Comment